Features only in CASES 5
- Instrument design
- Data collection
- Study management
1. Instrument design
Back to Top
2. Data Collection
- Graphical forms can be created by the designer in the Instrument Development Environment (IDE) or automatically converted from text-based forms.
- The editor included in the CASES control panel uses syntax highlighting in instrument files and provides a link to the graphical forms.
- Any font defined on the PC can be used for displaying text.
- A full color palate is available for background and foreground colors.
- To assist in testing, partial instruments can be translated and run. Data for all variables can be entered "on the fly".
- Temporary data space that is discarded at the end of case processing gives the designer greater flexibility.
Back to Top
3. Study Design
- Data can be entered either with the keyboard or a mouse. Different types of controls are available for inputting data, such as option buttons and check boxes.
- User defined toolbars make navigation and interviewer options easily accessible.
- Data entry from paper forms can be re-entered and verified.
font size="1">Back to Top
- Uses a streamlined process for creating DDL files for use in SDA analysis or conversion to data definition files for SPSS, SAS, Stata or DDI.
CSM Program, Institute for Scientific Analysis
725 El Cerrito Plaza
El Cerrito, CA 94530-9701